- Parent(s) are required to observe the appropriate classroom for their child. Observations are adult only and must be scheduled in advance with the school office. Contact the school office (email@example.com) to schedule an observation.
- Once the parent observation is completed, the next step is to submit an Application for Admission with the appropriate fee. Montessori of Macon practices a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion or national and ethnic origin regarding the receipt and review of Applications for Admission.
- After an Application is submitted to the office, appointments are arranged for toddler and primary age students to visit the school and interview with the appropriate teacher. Students who are of elementary or middle school age are invited to spend a day with their prospective class.
- Upon completion of the school visit, the teacher will consult with the Education Director and an admission’s recommendation will be made. Points of consideration during the admissions process include:
- Admission decisions require, and are made contingent upon receipt or completion of student and family visits and interviews, student records, and other forms included in the Application Package.
- We respect the right of privacy of all prospective students and families, and honor the confidentiality of all reports, records, interview information, and any other information or materials obtained as part of the admission application process.
- Montessori of Macon welcomes applications from a wide variety of students, while also recognizing our limitations in meeting some highly complex or specialized learning needs. Our admissions procedure will therefore take into account our ability to accommodate particular students’ special needs without disruption to our program. Students who have special needs that fall within our ability to address may be accepted on a provisional basis, with additional stipulations.
- Admission decisions will be based on a careful and comprehensive review of the submitted materials (student records, etc.) student and family interviews, any admissions screening and the class visit.
- The parent will be notified in writing of the admissions recommendation. For applicants offered enrollment in Montessori of Macon, a registration package and tuition contract will be issued. Once the contract is signed and returned, the admissions process is complete.
Please contact the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an observation in our classrooms or to request an Information Package.